Re: authenticate_ttl

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Aug 2001 23:06:39 +1000

On 29 Aug 2001 14:46:53 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> The directive authenticate_ttl also exists. What is this actually used
> for? It is a bit unclear to me with a TTL both in the scheme and
> globally. I don't remember and firm conclusion the last time I brought
> this up.

the scheme specific credentialsttl determines how long the credentials
for a username from a specific scheme can be cached without revisiting
the helper.

The global authenticate_ttl determines how long a usernames details in
the global proxyuser cache are kept in memory without any activity
occuring.

The cf.data.pre seems fairly clear on this - perhaps you can suggest how
it could be reworded to be more clear.

Rob