Re: Automake suggestion

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Sep 2001 19:34:26 +1000

On 02 Sep 2001 11:25:53 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some suggestions for an easy Squid development using automake:
>
> - add a check for installed automake & autoconf version on bootstrap.h.

There's little point in checking for installed versions - the script
will fail anyway. However I will add a failure message, rather than the
silent fail that occurs now. I'll also add a version pre-req so that the
correct automake is used - this will result in a more meaningful error.

> - add on http://www.squid-cache.org/Devel/guidelines.html the reference to
> the MINIMAL tools version required from Squid project.

Good point. The autoconf version needed is 2.13. There are some errors
in the type checking code that prevent 2.52 being used AFAIK. The
automake version is 1.5, which IIRC is available via setup.exe for
cygwin.

Rob