Re: aio_read implementaion in Squid

From: Venkatesh <gv_kovai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:01:02 +0100

Hello Adrian & Henrik,

Thanks for your valuable points. Actually I wanted to start that before 2
weeks itself. But As I was busy with other works, I could not make it. Again
I am stressing you all that I am for very very very High performance Squid.
say It should handle 1k req/sec. I am not really for very quicker solution.
So Pls guide me in this way.

So my objective will be,
* If you want to finish eventio model first, Ie for moderate performance
improvement, I can try to contribute from my side.
* But Before doing that, I should get fair decision of what I/O will be good
for Squid in all aspects to achieve 1k req/sec.
I know filesystem also another big bottleneck. Assume now, FileSystem is not
bottleneck and tell me How much My squid can handle and with which Net I/O
Implementation?

Regards,
Venkatesh