Puzzled at flags.hierarchicala and neighbors_do_private_keys after reading FAQ. :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:32:53 +0800 (CST)

Hi, pals!

After reading FAQ about private keys, I still puzzled at the
following statements in STORE.c, line 479, Squid-2.5.PRE6,

    if (neighbors_do_private_keys || !flags.hierarchical)
        storeSetPrivateKey(e);

I think neighbors_do_private_keys has something to do with ICP
cache neighbours, but I am not sure about it. What is the meaning
and function about neighbors_do_private_keys?

I still have a trouble, after reading FAQ, I think !flags.hierarchical
means we should send the request directly to origin servers and not send request to peer cache neighbours, but, I do not think it has anything to do with private keys.

What is the relationship between !flags.hierarchical and private
keys?

Best regards,
George, Ma