Re: swapin objects don't have an chance to become hot objects,why??

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 22:05:28 +0200

On Sunday 05 May 2002 13:52, swiftma@sohu.com wrote:
> hi squid-developers:
> I did some experiments on squid2.4.stable1,found that swapin
> objects never had an chance to become hot(IN_MEMORY) objects,i was
> so confused!

Correct. This was "lost" in Squid-NOVM during the Squid-1.x series.
The ideas of "NOVM" later lead to Squid-2.

At the moment Squid relies on your filesystem buffers to cache cache
hits.

It is on our todo to make a proper hot-objects cache. There is some
restructuring needed in how Squid manages the cache before this can
happen proper.