Re: Where can I find NTLMSSP Spec?

From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:38:56 +1000

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> NTLMSSP includes both NTLM and LANMAN responses, or a NTLMv2 response
>
> Note: NTLMv2 is not supported by Squid at the moment due to
> shortcomings in the helper protocol, and lack of understanding of the
> NTLMv2 NTLMSSP protocol. I think I have all the needed documentation
> now for NTLMv2, but I ran out of time when starting the
> implementation.

Can you post the doco? This is an area that samba also needs to get
worked out. As you may be aware, many sites follow the MS security
guidelines that suggest use of NTLMv2, and we don't have that yet
working with NTLMSSP.

I know some (other) team members have this on their companies 'todo'
list.

I'm also interested in creating a winbind client library that talks
NTLMSSP - allowing us to keep a common codebase for this stuff between
various projects. I've talked to Kinkie about it, but I've also run out
of time...

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au