Re: bootstrap.sh

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:48:17 +0200

On Monday 07 October 2002 04.12, Robert Collins wrote:
> Henrik,
> what are the version checks in HEAD/bootstraph.sh meant to
> accomplish?

To find versions of the tools we know can be used even on machines
where these are not the default versions.

> On my machine here, with automake 1.6, it fails to bootstrap, which
> is wrong - we support 1.5 AND ABOVE.

Ok. Script uptaded to a version that hopefully makes more sense. The
versions listed in the script is now our preferred versions (listed
in order), and it fall backs on the default version if none of the
preferred versions can be found by common version suffixes