Re: __FUNCTION__ and debug.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:29:35 +0100

On Monday 28 October 2002 01.51, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> debug(flags, section, level) (foo);
>
> where flags is something like DEBUG_INFO, DEBUG_WARNING,
> DEBUG_NOTICE, DEBUG_ERROR..

Not flags.. these belongs in level.

Today our "level" is seriously unstructured and inconsistent, with
different levels used in different parts of the code, and very often
wrong levels..

I would not mind if we standardised a bit on which level to use, and
how these are mapped to syslog levels.

We do need other levels than syslog as most our messages are in the
debug category.