Re: Feature request

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:26:44 -0600

Hi Ray and all,

As a ringing endorsement of the addition of this or something like it to
the official Squid, I'll mention that we've begun doing demo deployments
in Africa through a reseller, and every location has a satellite
connected proxy running on Windows machines...We have been consistently
hitting these connection refused errors on about 10-15% of requests, and
I hadn't been able to figure out why. May not be the same problem, but
its worth a try.

So, Ray, I'd be happy to give the patch some testing. But, I'd be leery
of the nieghbors.c usleep...perhaps it should be configurable, as well,
or made into an async operation. I'm sure an 'always on' blocking call
like that would never get past Duane. He's a peer performance nazi.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.