Re: Feature request

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 01 Nov 2002 17:30:44 +0100

fre 2002-11-01 klockan 14.26 skrev Joe Cooper:

> So, Ray, I'd be happy to give the patch some testing. But, I'd be leery
> of the nieghbors.c usleep...perhaps it should be configurable, as well,
> or made into an async operation. I'm sure an 'always on' blocking call
> like that would never get past Duane. He's a peer performance nazi.

Right. The Squid equivalence of usleep() is eventAdd() or eventAddIsh()
if you want some randomness in the delay.

Code which intentionally blocks the proxying process with a sleep call
won't get past any of the core members, not only Duane..

The correct fix is to add a delay to the eventAdd() already present in
forward.c if the request is beeing reforwarded to the same server as
previously. (see fwdServerClosed).