Re: What about including virus filter to squid ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 13:59:23 +0100

ons 2002-11-13 klockan 13.10 skrev Geetha Manjunath:

> As you are aware, I branched out from the main devel sources around
> squid2.4STABLE2 and had continued development separately. I am planning
> to integrate back. Infact, I was waiting for Robert's content filter/esi
> changes to go into the HEAD to integrate the icap client functionality
> again with squid-devel.
>
> Any suggestions for merging the sources ? Should I start again from
> squid-2.5STABLE2?

For future you need to integrate with the Squid-3 sources if you intend
this development to get into the main Squid version. Be warned however
that Squid-3 is still in it's formative stages so you really should
track the development closely while doing this, do not branch out from a
specific date. We have tools to automate tracking of changes very
easily.

However, moving from Squid-2.4 to Squid-2.5 should be pretty straight
forward if you'd like to provide a version for the current stable Squid
version. Should not require very much changes to your existing code I
think.