Re: What about including virus filter to squid ?

From: Geetha Manjunath <geetham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:40:18 +0530

Hi All,

Infact, I am happy to say that we did try out an integration of the
virus scanner by Symantec with the squid icap client and succeeded just
a couple of weeks ago!

 Barring a few bugs in configuring some acls, the functionality of -
passing the response body to the (remote) virus scanner and getting
either a corrected body or an error message about the virus - is there.

There have been quite a few updates on the squid icap client sources at
he project site. The latest sources for these are available from
http://icap-server.sf.net

As you are aware, I branched out from the main devel sources around
squid2.4STABLE2 and had continued development separately. I am planning
to integrate back. Infact, I was waiting for Robert's content filter/esi
changes to go into the HEAD to integrate the icap client functionality
again with squid-devel.

Any suggestions for merging the sources ? Should I start again from
squid-2.5STABLE2?

Thanks and regards
Geetha