Re: squid-2.5 ipv6 --- dead code or WIP?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Feb 2003 13:50:38 +1100

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 13:43, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just built squid-2.5 ipv6 branch and hacked it a little to make it
> work. Ideally I should have fixed a few things I didn't; rather I
> disabled those options for now as I didn't need them.
>
> Is there any interest in these changes (and presumably a decent
> attempt at the things I avoided) or is the IPv6 branch more or less
> dead for now?

Yes, there is interest - mainly in getting it ported to 3.0.

> If not, what is the likelyhood of getting this merged into the
> mainline and how should configuration syntax differences be handled?

It's not dead, you are the second currently interested person.

What it needs is to be forward ported to the 3.0 branch. We can give any
interested person write access on devel.squid-cache.org to do so. I
think it could be merged into the mainline immediately post 3.0 going
PRE-release. (which is when we'll make a development branch to stabilise
3.0 on.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.