Re: Function where the client request is received?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Aug 2003 18:53:51 +0200

mån 2003-08-04 klockan 18.02 skrev Luis Fernando Robledano Esteban:

> I've no experience with SQUID code, but im interested in inserting just
> some code. The idea is to catch the client request, and then call to a
> content-filtering application. Seeing SQUID programmer's guide I've found
> the "Flow of a Typical Request", nevertheless the function's names seems
> not to be in the code.

The functions are a bit spread out in client_side*.cc.

> My intention is to operate, after access controls are verified, and before
> cache hit checking; although probably the easiest first step is just to
> catch up the request right after the client request arrives.
> Please, can anybody tell me which functions or pieces of are involved?

If you only need access to the URL or request headers then using the
redirector or external acl interfaces works well for this purpose.

If you need access to request/reply body data then ICAP is the way to
go. Still needs a little of work before really usable in Squid however,
but the current implementation works well as point of proof.

  http://devel.squid-cache.org/icap/

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before