Re: ntlm status

From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:07:35 +1100

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 09:58, Kinkie wrote:
> Robert Collins <robertc@squid-cache.org> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 08:58, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> some months ago Robert indicated there was ongoing work for improving the
> >> ntlm support in Squid. But then there has been very silent about this.
> >>
> >> What is the current status?
> >
> > Kinkie has a patch that should work, I've been meaning to get an NTLM
> > testbed up - currently I have not the infrastructure to test it.
>
> The latest vict^H^H^H^Hvolunteer is Guido, who's giving it a spin with true
> NT SP helpers. Jim Richey tested it with the samba ntlm_auth helper, and
> IIRC uncovered a bug in the helper (Andrew?).

Yep, there is a bug in Samba's ntlm_auth. I'm waiting on a valgrind run
or at least a backtrace.

I'm just about to add NLTM2 to our server-side NTLMSSP and maybe my
added parinoia fixed the bugs (but that's just hope :-)

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet@samba.org