Re: ntlm status

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:30:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Yep, there is a bug in Samba's ntlm_auth. I'm waiting on a valgrind run
> or at least a backtrace.

There is a Squid user who apparently can get the Samba ntlm_auth helper to
segfault reliably. But he probably needs a little guidance on how to get a
backtrace from the helper.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200311/0893.html

> I'm just about to add NLTM2 to our server-side NTLMSSP and maybe my
> added parinoia fixed the bugs (but that's just hope :-)

So now it becomes even more pressing need to get Squid to send the
NEGOTIATE packet to the helper properly, and to figure out how to fully
stop challenge reuses..