Re: More IMS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:08:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, [ISO-8859-2] Micha³ Matusiak wrote:

> In handleIMSGiveClientNewEntry() control flows to processMiss()
> (this is done because of httpReplyValidatorsMatch()).

And is what it should not.

The httpReplyValidatorsMatch() function simply does not work on a 304
reply, and even on a full reply I am very doubtful it should be used like
it is here.

> In my opinion this is a bad behaviour.

And I fully agree.

> let's assume that server responds with 304 and there is no
> Last-Modified header in server reply (for example apache doesn't
> send Last-Modified header with 304 response).
> Squid considers new response headers as 'inconsistent' with his old
> ones. Clearly we can't say this is wrong response.

Yes.

> We need to know what is the intended semantics of
> httpReplyValidatorsMatch()?

Agreed. I don't understand why this function is used like it is here.

> This function has also bug (in our opinion) which seems to be easy
> to correct:
> one = httpHeaderGetStrOrList(&rep->header, HDR_CONTENT_MD5);
> if (strcasecmp(one.buf(), two.buf())) {
> }
> strcasecmp() seems cause to SEG FAULT when one of the parameters is
> NULL. This is the case.

I doubt this function ever gets this far.

> Could you give me access to CVS? My account name is mmatusiak.

Done.

Now please read
  http://devel.squid-cache.org/howto.html
and the documents linked from there.