Content Filtering

From: Anindha Parthy <anindha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:45:21 +1000

I wanted to add dynamic content filtering functionality to Squid. I
figured that the best way to do this is with a loadable module which I
have already developed.

The problem is that I am not sure what the best way is to modify squid
for my purpose. All I need to do is modify Squid so that when a
request is received the classify method of my classifier module is
called and passed the html page. Then my classifier will respond with
allow or deny based on the content of the page.

Sequence of Events:
1. Squid Receives HTTP request
2. Squid retrieves HTML page
3. Squid Passes HTML page to classifier
4. Squid sends HTML page to client if page is allowed otherwise a
Access Denied error message

You advice is much appreciated,

Anindha