Question on domain controller load balancing

From: Yimin Chen <ymchen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:44:01 -0700

Hi,

I saw on the Squid documentation that Squid supports load balancing between
domain controllers for NTLM authentication. I am wondering how was that
achieved considering now squid is using Samba's ntlm_auth tool to
authentication the user? The password server is specified in the Samba
configuration files statically, does Squid changes the configuration file
in the run time to make winbindd to use different domain controllers each
time to load balance?

I would really appreciate if you could clarify for me!

Yimin