Re: Squid Proxy

From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:55:44 +1000

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 02:05, fabio.amico@sig.biz wrote:
> Dear all,
> We want to ask you if is possibile to have a particularly feature in Squid.
> When our user try to go to one URL not included in allowed list and denied
> list both, the proxy ask to user :
> "Are you sure to continue ? This request will be sent to the System
> Administrator for control !"
> If the user agree with this , the proxy permit the access at that URL and
> inform by e-mail the system administrator of this event .
>
> Could you please help us to solve this issues ?
> Thank's a lot for your support in advanc

This seems like a typical use of squid redirectors. Redirect the user
to a CGI script, which takes the URL as a parameter. If that page
records a 'yes' reply on a form presented to the user, it enters this in
a DB, keyed by username or IP address. Then, next time the redirector
script is hit, you can lookup the DB.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@samba.org