Re: A policy question

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:45:01 -0600

On Mon, 2005/04/04 (MDT), <chtsanti@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> Have you tried asking drweb folks whether there is something Squid can
>> do to prevent them from closing the connection?
>
> No I did not.
> But the DRweb team had post a patch to squid mailing list
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-dev@squid-cache.org/msg02325.html)
> for squid-icap in which had modify the code to always closing the
> connection.
> So, I believe that drweb-icapd requires closing the connection.

That seems likely, however the comments about the patch seem to imply that
drweb ICAP server does send "Connection: close". Here is a quote:

        if ICAP daemon does not support persistent connection and
        answers with 'Connection: Close' squid can stop receiving the document
from
        a network and send the cut (without the ending) document to the client.

That comment, combined with your observations, confuse me. Somethind does
not add up here. I did not look at the patch code.

Alex.