Re: WCCPv2 support

From: Jeremy Hall <jehall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:33:59 -0500

Hello,

I think I have implemented the cbdata stuff properly.

This has the following problems:

1: does not send valid router or cache view components

2: redirect assignment is totally untested and showing bad service id

3: standard service for http rejected by the router for some reason

so what does it do right?

it can keep track of wccpv2 received ids :-)

Your thoughts welcome. You'll want to find the hooks (part of the patch) as this is only the wccpv2.c file.

I'm going to work on the router view and cache view components next, and I have no clue how to fix the redirect assignment, mostly because I don't understand how it works anyways. (the draft is a bit strange)

The code does not properly detect state changes, as in, if a router goes away.

oh and somehow it managed to crash a router yesterday as it was sending malformed packets or something, so good luck.

_J

tor 2006-03-09 klockan 15:13 -0500 skrev Jeremy Hall:

> I am using xmalloc and xfree for allocation and deallocation of my list
> structures, and xmemcpy to copy memory, but I am having real problems
> when I try to pass a datastructure to wccp2AssignBuckets probably
> because I am not using cbdataAllocate (I think that is what I need to
> use) and when eventAdd goes to lock the memory it calls wccp2Init for
> some reason, screwing up all of the structures etc.

If you pass the data to some callback based part then it should be a
cbdata type. See the programmers guide for details on adding your cbdata
type (it's quite simple, just a few lines more and you are done).

But this does not explain why wccp2Init is called again.

> Any assistance would be appreciated. I can provide the new wccpv2.c if
> you'd like.

Would help to comment on what you have done.