Re: Squid-3 errors and blank pages

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:00:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Squid-3 cvs seems to be functioning for me now - it's usable again but I am
> seeing lots of errors like this logged on random pages:
>
> 2006/05/01 23:07:12| http.cc(1866) Transaction aborted while reading HTTP
> body
>
> This corresponds with this code in http.cc :
>
> HttpStateData::requestBodyHandler(MemBuf &mb)
> {
> if (eof || fd < 0) {
> debugs(11, 1, HERE << "Transaction aborted while reading HTTP body");
> return;
> }
>

> Has anyone got any clues as to what I could do to narrow this problem down?
> It's happening frequently but not on every page.

The debugging level is low because I was recently mucking with this
code. As Henrik said you should only see this for POST/PUT requests
and a likely cause is that the user aborts some file transfer or
something. Or perhaps the origin server is returning a preemptive
error without reading the entire POST/PUT body.

If you see it for all or most POST/PUT requests then I've probably
introduced a bug with request body processing.

One way to narrow it down is grep the access.log for PUT and POST and
compare that to how many times the error message occurs in cache.log.
If you can find a reproducible case then we can set the debug_options
to get some good debugging info.

Duane W.