Re: squid3-ipv6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:19:43 +0100

tor 2007-01-04 klockan 00:45 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Before I sign up at sourceforge and ask to join in the development I thought
> it would be good to contact you developers and find out what the current
> state actually is.

Current state of Squid3-ipv6 is that there is no maintainer working on
the IPV6 code and tidying it up into pieces suitable for merging or
completing the missing pieces if any.

> Has it actually gone stale?

Currently unknown, but quite likely not much work is needed to make it
compile again.

> and why?

Lack of attention from developers working in IPv6 environments. None of
the current active Squid developers have IPv6 connectivity.

> is it something only an experienced squid person can handle?

Experience is more needed in the area of general C + ipv6 programming
than Squid. We'll happily provide assistance on any squid specifics.

> or can someone like myself with a need and time
> help to push it further with more coding?

Absolutely.

So get yourself subscribed to squid-dev and signed up for a sourceforge
account and start digging into the code, please!

Note: Squid-2 IPv6 apparently just got some attention. Another developer
just posted information about his IPv6 squid work about the same time as
you.
<url:http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=squid-dev&m=116783428506284&w=2>