Re: Contribution to Squid development.

From: Pierangelo Masarati <ando@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:24:36 +0200

Guido Serassio wrote:

> Welcome on board, is pleasure to find another italian developer ... :-)

:)

> Just a recommendation: don't forget the portability in your work.
> All the LDAP helpers currently can be compiled on Windows using the
> native Windows LDAP support and many times on some Unix platforms (Irix,
> Tru64, Solaris) a recent binary version of OpenLDAP is difficult to
> find, so any platform diversity should be handled at configure time

Sure. I plan to preserve all existing functionalities (or document any
mandatory changes, if any), and condition most of the added features
based on configure detection; even OpenLDAP features change within
versions, and it will take time before distros start shipping OpenLDAP 2.4.

I might have problems testing on diverse architectures, so I'd probably
need someone else to check portability (especially with Windows native
LDAP).

Cheers, p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team