Re: Contribution to Squid development.

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:47:10 +0200

Hi Pierangelo,

At 17.24 05/09/2007, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>Guido Serassio wrote:
>
>>Welcome on board, is pleasure to find another italian developer ... :-)
>
>:)
>
>>Just a recommendation: don't forget the portability in your work.
>>All the LDAP helpers currently can be compiled on Windows using the
>>native Windows LDAP support and many times on some Unix platforms
>>(Irix, Tru64, Solaris) a recent binary version of OpenLDAP is
>>difficult to find, so any platform diversity should be handled at
>>configure time
>
>Sure. I plan to preserve all existing functionalities (or document
>any mandatory changes, if any), and condition most of the added
>features based on configure detection; even OpenLDAP features change
>within versions, and it will take time before distros start shipping
>OpenLDAP 2.4.

OK.

>I might have problems testing on diverse architectures, so I'd
>probably need someone else to check portability (especially with
>Windows native LDAP).

On the Windows side, build Squid is very easy: just grub the latest
MinGW+MSYS developing environment according to the MinGW section of
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompilingSquid.

On the Unix side, currently I have the access to Irix, Tru64 and
Solaris boxes for build testing. If you need, I could define an
account for LDAP tests.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/