Re: TProxy support

From: Laszlo Attila Toth <panther@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:22:27 +0100

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008, Laszlo Attila Toth wrote:
>> Okay, I simply add other hunks to squid code as Amos wrote:
>>> - migrate defined LINUX_TPROXY -> LINUX_TPROXY2
>>> - add defined LINUX_TPROXY4
>
> Well, LINUX_TPROXY defines a whole bunch of stuff relevant to generic
> "full" transparency as well as the TPROXY specific stuff.
>
> That needs to broken out somewhat. Argh, I wish I had the time
> to poke it.

Hm. I don't know what would be the best way, because I am not familiar
with the squid code. What I know is: TProxy4 requires minimal code
change. My problem is: where to change and how to use ifdef-ed codes
(LINUX_TPROXY and the two new: LINUX_TPROXY2, LINUX_TPROXY4).

It requires the following socket option:

#ifndef IP_TRANSPARENT
#define IP_TRANSPARENT 19
#endif

Then both the listening socket and the outgoing socket has to get this
socket option (if the setsockopt fails, tproxy can be ignored).

The socket option requires CAP_NET_ADMIN capability.

Regards,
Attila