Re: TProxy support

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:53:29 +0900

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008, Laszlo Attila Toth wrote:

> Hm. I don't know what would be the best way, because I am not familiar
> with the squid code. What I know is: TProxy4 requires minimal code
> change. My problem is: where to change and how to use ifdef-ed codes
> (LINUX_TPROXY and the two new: LINUX_TPROXY2, LINUX_TPROXY4).

> It requires the following socket option:
>
> #ifndef IP_TRANSPARENT
> #define IP_TRANSPARENT 19
> #endif

Yeah, you guys are doing it exactly like how we're fiddling with it
in FreeBSD. :) Set socket option, then do bind() to non-local address.

> Then both the listening socket and the outgoing socket has to get this
> socket option (if the setsockopt fails, tproxy can be ignored).

Yup.

> The socket option requires CAP_NET_ADMIN capability.

OK.

Well, there's two part - part A is all the stuff which sets the client/server
connections are participating in the "tproxy" connection; part B is the stuff
to talk to TPROXY/FreeBSD to do the relevant socket options and what not.

I'll look at combining your stuff, my stuff and Gonzalo's stuff into something
for Squid-2 soon and see how it works out.

Thanks!

Adrian