Re: TProxy support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:22:48 +1300 (NZDT)

> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>> Well, LINUX_TPROXY defines a whole bunch of stuff relevant to generic
>> "full" transparency as well as the TPROXY specific stuff.
>>
>> That needs to broken out somewhat. Argh, I wish I had the time
>> to poke it.
>
> Hm. I don't know what would be the best way, because I am not familiar
> with the squid code. What I know is: TProxy4 requires minimal code
> change. My problem is: where to change and how to use ifdef-ed codes
> (LINUX_TPROXY and the two new: LINUX_TPROXY2, LINUX_TPROXY4).

Where, is likely to be the spots currently using LINUX_TPROXY (now
LINUX_TPROXY2) and LINUX_NETFILTER (adding LINUX_TPROXY4)

Some points with "#if LINUX_TPROXY" will need to become "#if LINUX_TPROXY2
|| LINUX_TPROXY4"

All points with "#if LINUX_NETFILTER" are likely to need "#if
LINUX_NETFILTER || LINUX_TPROXY4"

> It requires the following socket option:
>
> #ifndef IP_TRANSPARENT
> #define IP_TRANSPARENT 19
> #endif
>
> Then both the listening socket and the outgoing socket has to get this
> socket option (if the setsockopt fails, tproxy can be ignored).
>
> The socket option requires CAP_NET_ADMIN capability.
>
> Regards,
> Attila

Adrians seems to want to do eth -2 bits. I'll see about a branch in the
new bzr setup for squid-3.

Amos