Re: tcp proxy hackery

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:16:03 +0900

http://www.creative.net.au/diffs/test1-355.tar.gz

I've fixed the last few bugs - I'm seeing some occasional connect() failures from
the ab box to the proxy server but that may be the hacky apachebench code.

I can handle ~ 12,000 proxied connections a second at 96 byte replies.
Userland CPU use still sits at ~5%.

I'll try this on some larger hardware and see how far I can push it.
I'll also play around now with some thread-based disk logging code
to see if I can log requests to disk as fast as I can generate them.

Adrian