Re: Trying to start using bzr

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:17:18 +0200

sön 2008-03-30 klockan 16:37 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> My understanding is that no CVS branches other than trunk and
> squid3-ecap have been ported or moved to bzr. The decision to move is up
> to the branch maintainer.

Everything in the main squid3 CVS repository has been migrated to bzr,
including the discussed NT branch..

For projects currently using the devel repository hosted at SourceForge
it's their choice to either keep using CVS as before, or switch to bzr
branching from the main repository and publishing their repository
somewhere (launchpad is a good choice).

> You can see some bzr branches at
> https://code.launchpad.net/squid/+branches but, I am guessing, the
> official centralized list will be placed somewhere on the wiki,
> replacing http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html.

Probably it will be a combination. I am starting to experiment a bit
with the launchpad features and it seems to work quite nicely, much
better than the old devel.squid-cache.org site..

> I have just started using bzr this month. Based on that very limited
> experience, I would recommend to stay away from it unless you can
> tolerate many little problems and lack of documentation.

It would be good if you speak up about the many little problem you see..