Adding SCTP support

From: Pranav Desai <pranavadesai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:36:27 -0700

Hello All,

What would you suggest should be the way to include SCTP support in Squid 3.0 ?

My assumption here is that SCTP would be useful for clients (which
support SCTP) connecting using slow/lossy wireless type networks. My
goal is to experiment and compare the performance against TCP for
wireless networks.

So, I started with that and was easily able to add a config option for
client-side and change the corresponding function
clientHttpConnectionsOpen() to set appropriate protocol type and it
worked just fine. But that would make it an SCTP only proxy.

We could also open up another listening port for SCTP, so that we can
have both SCTP and TCP simultaneously, where the origin server side
will always be TCP.

But I feel that I am missing something here. So, I would really
appreciate any suggestions or comments you may have.

Thanks for your time.

-- Pranav