Re: Merging current Cacheboy changes into Squid-2.HEAD ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 02:55:41 +0200

On mån, 2008-07-07 at 23:12 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Now that I've finished my first round of restructuring and have begun
> moving onto round two, I'd like to see how interested the users and
> developers are in me merging what I've done thus far back into
> Squid-2.HEAD in preparation for a Squid-2.8 release in a few months.

Squid-2 HEAD is open for submissions from anyone, anytime, you included.
Unlike earlier (and later) releases Squid-2 HEAD is never frozen, but
the changes carefully sorted in feature groups to allow incomplete
changes to be backed from the next STABLE tree if needed. (and recently
from HEAD as well on your request, but thats more of an exception)

It's too early to say if that will result in an immediate 2.8 release.
Depends on what you have done.

So yes, you are more than welcome to split cacheboy up in reviewable
changes and submit them for merge. Perhaps beginning with an high level
description of your goals (at code level) for this round of merges.