Re: Merging current Cacheboy changes into Squid-2.HEAD ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:44:14 +0800

2008/7/8 Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>:

> It's too early to say if that will result in an immediate 2.8 release.
> Depends on what you have done.
>
> So yes, you are more than welcome to split cacheboy up in reviewable
> changes and submit them for merge. Perhaps beginning with an high level
> description of your goals (at code level) for this round of merges.

I wouldn't expect it to be an immediate Squid-2.8 release but I'd
first like some discussion about what would constitute enough.

The high level goal here is to shuffle code around into
mostly-seperate functional units in preparation for further work.

The problem is that I don't really see the point in shuffling things
back into Squid-2 if the mostly-stated project direction is elsewhere.

Adrian