Re: Observing packets in Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:31:54 +0200

On tis, 2008-07-15 at 12:11 -0400, Michael Kaplan wrote:

> Within Squid, I want to add a module that filters the traffic entering
> Squid from the internal network sitting behind the Squid proxy dedicated
> machine. Preferably this module would examine the traffic before Squid
> takes much action, allowing my module to choose whether or not to pass
> on the packet further in Squid for processing.

Hmm.. Squid does not operate on packets. Squid is an application ontop
of TCP/IP. When Squid sees the data it has already been processed by the
TCP/IP stack, serialized into a TCP stream and fed to Squid as a
sequence of octets from the TCP stream.

At that point it's not an option to not further process the data within
Squid.

What is your actual goal with this?