Re: configure for authentication helper

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:35:49 +1200

Markus Moeller wrote:
> OK. I have a source package with configure here
> http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/squidkerbauth/squid_kerb_auth-1.0.2.tar.gz
> . I tested on SuSE, Debian, Freebsd, Opensolaris, Solaris 10 update 4, Mac.
>
> The main benefit of the configure is that I try to autoguess the GSSAPI
> libaries and include files and determine if SPNEGO is natively supported
> in the GSSAPI libary. If I need to use my own spnego helper it
> determines little- or big-endian for it.
>
> Can this be taken as is in squid-3 ?

I've just checked it for squid-3. There are a few patches we had to make
for 3.0 which are missing from the base code.

## getaddrinfo/getnameinfo/freeaddrinfo -> xgetaddr* ...
squid provides portable versions of these. Your configure may need to
detect and link to sometimes.

## strdup -> xstrdup

## including <squid>/includes/config.h

## 32 KB tokens
   squid-3 code will need tweaking to mention the name used in your code
for this buffer size macro. (MAX_AUTHTOKEN_LEN vs MAX_READ_BUF)

## RFC 2181 defines are provided by squid. (hostname max length)
  Though why squid does not use sysconf() itself is a question I don't
know the answer to yet.
I think we can probably ignore that difference for now.

I've also had to remove DOS line endings from the spnegohelp.* files to
diff properly.

Amos