Re: [RFC] 3.1 branching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:29:30 +0200

On sön, 2008-09-14 at 16:32 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> This is probably too vague of a statement/problem to argue about. I find
> the current code easier to debug, especially when new style of callbacks
> is used, because cache.log contains more structured information.
>
> I also need to polish and publish scripts that track/isolate a given
> transaction based on logged async calls.

Yes, the AsyncCall logging is indeed easier to debug, but it's harder to
analyze a post-mortem crash from a core dump where you can not easily
reproduce the problem.

What's primarily needed to remove this concern is to somehow dump the
origin where the current live call was scheduled, to be included in the
cache.log crash messages.