Re: 3.1 BRANCH - any pending patches?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:08:01 -0600

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 23:53 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Alex Rousskov wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:23 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> >> All expected operational features are now in or about to go into trunk.
> >> I'm going to start the 3.1 branch sequence shortly.
> >
> > I thought we planned to do the source layout changes _before_ branching.
> > Did I misunderstood or did the plans change? It would be much easier to
> > shovel the code between trunk and a fresh branch if the code has the
> > same basic layout...
>
> We did plan that initially. Though IIRC I was the holdout/veto on the
> initial import. I've since been converted.
> The only catch is that we all need to follow the maintenance cycle. To
> do the merges back in order as they were added to HEAD in the first place.

Do you mean that layout changes should go into HEAD and then you will
move them to the 3.1 branch? And then we will reformat HEAD and you will
propagate that to the branch?

N.B. If you want to make a 3.1.0.0 or 3.1.0.1 snapshot before the last
set of patches (if any), layout changes, and reformatting, please go
ahead and do it. I do not think one depends on the other.

Thank you,

Alex.