Re: 3.1 BRANCH - any pending patches?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 11:09:33 -0600

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 13:07 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> > Do you mean that layout changes should go into HEAD and then you will
> > move them to the 3.1 branch? And then we will reformat HEAD and you will
> > propagate that to the branch?
>
> Yes to both. I'm moving up my schedule from weekly checks to almost-daily
> until its done. If you feel thats not fast enough I'll teach you the
> relevant maintenance tasks so we can both do it in tandem.

I feel almost-daily is "too fast" or too frequent, actually -- you can
do more valuable things than daily commits, but it is your call.
Personally, I am happy with less frequent syncs at this point,
especially if it frees your time for development.

> To me layout now seems to be more of a gradual thing. We are doing it dir
> by dir yes? It's going to take some time and can be done through the life
> of 3.1.0.*.

Some related directories should be done together. IIRC, you posted
instructions on how to mark the being-worked-on directories on the
SourceLayout wiki page. I cannot find them :-(. Can you point me to the
right email, please?

Thank you,

Alex.