Re: 3.1 BRANCH - any pending patches?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:52:35 +1300 (NZDT)

> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 13:07 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> > Do you mean that layout changes should go into HEAD and then you will
>> > move them to the 3.1 branch? And then we will reformat HEAD and you
>> will
>> > propagate that to the branch?
>>
>> Yes to both. I'm moving up my schedule from weekly checks to
>> almost-daily
>> until its done. If you feel thats not fast enough I'll teach you the
>> relevant maintenance tasks so we can both do it in tandem.
>
> I feel almost-daily is "too fast" or too frequent, actually -- you can
> do more valuable things than daily commits, but it is your call.
> Personally, I am happy with less frequent syncs at this point,
> especially if it frees your time for development.
>
>> To me layout now seems to be more of a gradual thing. We are doing it
>> dir
>> by dir yes? It's going to take some time and can be done through the
>> life
>> of 3.1.0.*.
>
> Some related directories should be done together. IIRC, you posted
> instructions on how to mark the being-worked-on directories on the
> SourceLayout wiki page. I cannot find them :-(. Can you point me to the
> right email, please?

The SourceLayout wiki page has a column for smilie icons. I was planning
on sticking a tick or a thumbs-up symbol next to the finished ones.
Haven't got to that yet myself.

For my own 'working on it' symbol I'm using the #2 {2} icon since its your
project and I'm seconding. I'll add a key to the wiki page right now.

Amos