Re: Introduction and new eCAP GZIP adapter

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:23:04 -0700

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 19:12 +0100, Constantin Rack wrote:

> As a "welcome gift", I have released a new open-source eCAP adapter
> for HTTP compression:
> http://www.vigos.com/products/eCAP/
>
> I would like to maintain and further develop this adapter, hoping that
> it will be included in the official SQUID distribution some day.

Hello Constantin,

    Nice gift, thank you.

Your adapter changes response content and content type. Should it be
more careful about the E-Tag header? Will it work with 206 partial

Should the adapter honor the no-transform cache-control directive by
default? Should it add Warning 214 (Transformation applied)? These are
RFC 2616 MUSTs, IIRC.

Cheers,

Alex.