Re: A configuration issue...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:07:03 +1300

Vivek Sharma wrote:
> We have an enterprise setup in our organisation with more than 500 users
> who need to authenticate through LDAP for web access with content being
> filtered by SQUID-Cache.
> As a policy of organisaiton we need to enforce a default initial page
> (After User authentication) to our organisation page for all the web
> users. So, I just want to know whether the existing versions of squid
> have this facility to override the client settings to open a default
> initial page (Set by squid proxy). And if it is possible, how to do it.
> I personally shall be highly obliged for any any useful informative link
> or a good hint.

It is possible to set the default initial/splash page using the
external asl session helper, or a custom built one.
The documentation is sadly lacking online, but the helper built-in usage
info and man pages explain it fairly well.

And it is certainly possible to auth against LDAP
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Ldap

How it appears depends on the ACL order you configure, if the external
ACL takes %LOGIN, it will do login and check if the page needs to be shown.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5