Re: current state of bzr repository

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:24:28 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi all,
> Currently the squid-trunk in bzr repository can not run, and can
> not compile at all.
> I am attaching a patch which shows some of the problems and proposes
> possible fixes:

Hi Christos, looks like we have been working on the same bugs...

> - src/ip/IpIntercept.h file the PfInterception method has wrong
> definition
> - src/ip/IpIntercept.cc IpIntercept::NetfilterTransparent method uses
> an undefined parameter

Would have committed for this one earlier but had other things interfere
with the pre-commit build tests.
That and the ACL Checklist are done just earlier...

> - src/ip/IpAddress.cc: has error in IpAddress::IpAddress constructor
> which causing infinite loop

Doh. Thanks for catching that nasty one.

Please apply as stand-alone patch.

> - src/Debug.h The HERE macro is wrong. The original one was not bad....

Original one sometimes left strings with confidential build info in other
peoples cache.log....

We spent a long while covering the possibilities to get the current one.
If you'd like to trace down what cases are broken we can try for a better
fix.

> - The ufs aufs diskd does not link well. An src file like the
> src/FsReg.cc in my patch should added and fix a litle the libaufs.a
> libufs.a and other libraries (probably should included in one library)

This is not possible at present. So long as admin have the option of
specifying custom lists of FS (--enable-storeio) some of the FS may not
exist at build time, and some custom ones we don't register in FsReg.cc
may be added.

The HAVE_* defines like those used for auth modules will have to be done
for FsReg.cc first.

Also the DiskIO modules will need to be updated the same way and the
DiskIO/DiskIOModules_gen.cc / pokeAllModules() hack will have to be
removed at the same time.

  - The ntlm,basic digest schemes does not included in squid binary. A
file like the src/AuthReg.cc in my patch should added

Auth has the same problem as FS, but the HAVE_* hack kinkie added a while
ago make your AuthReg an option now.

Hm, I think we should carefully re-consider the use of globals now that we
are explicitly forcing registration.

For now okay. But the use of globals for reg needs a review.

> - The ACLProxyAuth and ACLMaxUserIP acl classes (located under the
> src/auth directory) should initiated in AclRegs.cc file

Agreed. Please commit your patch for those (AclRegs + auth/Acl*.cc changes)
as stand-alone.

ACLChecklist fix was applied earlier.

> I think squid-trunk should not stay more time in this state, some of
> the problems exist here for many days...

always true :)

Amos