Re: linking fs code problems in trunk

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:48:22 -0600

On 03/31/2009 12:42 AM, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
> Hi,
> I am attaching a new patch, which:
> - Add the files fs/Module.cc,h similar to esi/Module.cc
> - Build a new library libfs.a
> - The fs/aufs/StoreFSaufs.cc, fs/diskd/StoreFSdiskd.cc and
> fs/ufs/StoreFSufs.cc now contain just fake pointers
> - The FS::Init() method used to build ufs, aufs and diskd filesystems.
> - The FS::Init method called in main.cc before the code which reads the
> config files. The FS::clean() currently does not used.
> - I left the old way initiating the coss filesystem. I did not want to
> touch it, because currently does not used. I think the correct way, is
> to (a) remove the StoreFScoss::GetInstance method, (b) declare the
> StoreFScoss::stats as static and (c) merge the StoreFScoss::stat()
> method with the static StoreFScoss::Stats()

* Should be Module.cc below. Is Module.h missing on that line?

> +libfs_la_SOURCES = Module.c

* Do we really need those static *_foo variables in fs/*/StoreFs*.cc
files? They are unused, right? Why not delete them?

* Please move asserts from FS::Clean(). It is perfectly fine to delete a
NULL pointer.

* Please make sure "make distcheck" still works (with translation
framework disabled).

* Please add a TODO to add FS::Clean() call where we call FS::Init().
Would save developers from searching for it :-).

* Please address Amos' comments.

* Please commit.

Thank you,

Alex.