Re: More patches for squid2-HEAD

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:34:29 +1200 (NZST)

> Yeah, this came up in another bug as well, don't remember where, but
> really this whole section needs to be reworked pretty extensively;
> this is just a way to fine-tune the current behaviour until we figure
> out what the right thing to do should be (and I suspect that's not a
> trivial task).
>
> BTW, it's not exactly as you describe; it's not 10x attempts per
> route, it's 10 routes, AFAICT.

Aokay, squid-2 is a little different again then to what I'm seeing in -3.
There its 10x one route, or 1x any IP route, or something involving
rotating IPs and ResetFD I didn't grasp well enough to describe intermixed
with connection-level retries I think connected to the peer routes somehow
through a maze of functions.

Amos