Introducing myself

From: Alistair Reay <Alistair.Reay_at_tvnz.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:10:43 +1200

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to the dev team and start helping out.

My name is Alistair Reay and I'm a system engineer at a large New
Zealand broadcaster that uses Squid and other open-source software
extensively. Using squid we've built the nations largest and cheapest
commercial CDN for our VOD offering so I've got a vested interest in
helping Squid kick more ass. Although I'm not a professional developer,
I have a lot of interest in contributing code to this project and I've
created a production-ready load balancer project in SourceForge called
Octopus http://sourceforge.net/projects/octopuslb/ that works really
well behind Squid.

Anyway, the first thing I'd like to do is investigate how
refresh_stale_hit works and try to improve it. I searched to squid-users
mail list and found this thread of conversation which is what I'd like
to implement in Squid2.7. If you'll have me, I'll subscribe to this
mailing list and make a new topic about this feature request then start
work.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200609/0162.html
User's query/request (also what I'd like to be able to do)
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200609/0167.html
Henrik's response

Cheers
Al
online at tvnz.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail and any attachment(s) contain information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s). This information