Re: monitoring squid environment data sources

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:42:43 +0200

tis 2009-09-29 klockan 14:06 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> It seems to me that the master process might be assigned to monitor the
> upstate of the child process and additionally set a watch on

Except that the master process is entirely optional and generally not
even desired if you use a smart init system like upstart.

Additionally, a full reconfigure only because resolv.conf changed is a
bit on the heavy side imho.

And finally, as both resolv.conf and hosts paths is configuratble from
squid.conf the current used path and what the master process remembers
may differ

> local host IPs (bit tricky on non-windows as this may block)?

Linux uses netlink messages. non-blocking access available.

I think my preference is to get these monitors into the main process.