Re: Upgrade repository format for trunk?

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:17:14 +0100

tor 2010-03-25 klockan 15:29 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> Bzr folks are very good at making lots of releases but the world is
> apparently incapable of moving with the same speed!

Fedora keeps up.. but you then need to keep up with Fedora as well with
new full OS releases every 6 months..

> If nothing else, this will require instruction on how to upgrade the
> everyone repositories. I can support the upgrade once those instructions
> work for me :-).

1. Upgrade bzr to a supported release.

2. Anywhere in the repository, run "bzr upgrade" and go out for lunch.
Hopefully done when you come back, otherwise go directly to coffiebreak
until done..

Actually the 2 above is a little pessimistic. You can continue working
in an old repository just fine until the upgrade is done provided you do
the upgrade in a new path/location. Pushing from an old repository to 2a
works fine, only gets a little tricky if there is merges needing to be
done due to changes in both.. (you then need to push to a new branch in
2a and merge from there)