Re: Introduction

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:40:47 +1200

IISc Bangalore wrote:
> Dear Squid Developers,
>

> We are a part of the Network Information Technology Support and
> Services at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. We use the
> squid as a proxy for the campus. We also implemented campus wide
> authentication in the proxy using LDAP auth and would like to work on
> the authentication part. We appreciate your efforts and would love to
> learn more in the development of this wonderful proxy.
>
> Thanking You,
>
> Regards,
> Nethelp Team,
> IISc

Greetings and Welcome,
   It's great to hear from people using Squid and thinking of helping out.

   Did you have any ideas about things that might need fixing up or
adding that you are interested in doing?

Development details follow...

The vital information for development contributors (both coding and
non-coding) is covered in the wiki at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/DeveloperResources,
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/RoadMap/Squid3 and their linked resources.

There seems to be a handful of bugs mentioning LDAP. Help would be very
welcome clearing those up.

Stuff we have underway is all about generic auth. LDAP only related
indirectly;

* Auth is being upgraded to use proper ref-counting.

* Helpers are undergoing some minor but fundamental changes to build
with C++ compilers.

Testing that they are still working after both of these alterations will
need some assistance over the next few months.

Amos