Re: Possible memory leak.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 15:32:12 +1200

On 11/07/2014 6:10 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> OK so I started this reverse proxy for a bandwidth testing site and it
> seems odd that it using more then 400MB when the only difference in the
> config is maximum_object_size_in_memory to 150MB and StoreID
>
> I have extracted mgr:mem and mgr:info at these urls:
> http://www1.ngtech.co.il/paste/1169/raw/
> http://www1.ngtech.co.il/paste/1168/raw/
>
> A top snapshot:
> http://www1.ngtech.co.il/paste/1170/raw/
>
> The default settings are 256MB for ram cache and this instance is ram
> only..
> squid.conf at:
> http://www1.ngtech.co.il/paste/1171/raw/
>
> I started the machine 29 days ago while squid is up for less then that.
>
> Any direction is welcomed but test cannot be done on this machine
> directly for now.
>
> Eliezer

This may be what Martin Sperl is reporting in the squid-users thread
"squid: Memory utilization higher than expected since moving from 3.3 to
3.4 and Vary: working"

What I'm trying to get from him there is a series of mgr:mem reports
over time to see if any particular object type is growing unusually. And
mgr:filedescriptors in case its a side effect of the hung connections
Christos identified recently.

If we are lucky enough that the squid was built with valgrind support
there should be a valgrind leak trace available in one of the info and
mem reports. This will only catch real leaks though, not ref-counting
holding things active.

Amos